BRC IoP Consultants in India
The British Retail Consortium (or BRC) is one of the leading trade associations in the United Kingdom. They represent all forms of retailers from small, independently owned stores, to big chain stores and department stores
Food safety is a global concern. Not only because of the continuing importance for public health, but also because of its impact on international trade. Effective Food Safety Systems shall therefore manage and ensure the safety and suitability of foodstuffs.
Food Safety Hazard:
A biological, chemical or physical agent that is reasonably likely to cause illness or injury in the absence of its control
As consumers become more sophisticated with their food and demand more global tastes, the risks associated with food quality and safety continue to increase. As a player within the food sector, you are likely to be up against varying national and local legislation, voluntary agreements and supply chain challenges trying to deliver products that meet the needs of an evolving market.
- Pathogenic mcro organisms (e.g., bacteria, viruses)
- Metal, glass, etc.
- Natural toxins
- Drug residues
- Unapproved food and colour additives
- Decomposition (safety only, e.g., histamine)
The standard was developed to assist retailers in their fulfilment of legal obligations and protection of the consumer, by providing a common basis for the audit of companies supplying retailer branded food products.
Whether you're an established global supplier or based in an emerging market, the standard will ensure your customers have confidence in your food safety programme and supply chain management. It will also help you reduce waste, complaints, recalls and rejected products.
Benefits of Implementing BRC Global Standard – Food:-
- Promote best practices
- Improve supplier standards and consistency, and avoid product failure
- Eliminate multiple audits of food manufacturers such as product development, or specific quality issues.
- Support retailer objectives at all levels of the manufacturing supply chain
- Provide concise information to assist with due diligence defence
Niall offer’s a customized training programme on BRC for:-
- BRC Food / BRC Packaging - Awareness on implementation and documentation requirements
- BRC Food / BRC Packaging - Internal Auditor training