FAMI–QS: - Feed Safety
FAMI–QS (European Feed Additives and Pre Mixtures Quality System) is becoming very vital requirement of ensuring the Feed safety specially in the European countries.
FAMI-QS is a standard code that addresses safety, quality and regulatory compliance of specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures by:
- Minimizing the risk that unsafe specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures enter the feed and food chain;
- Enabling an operator to implement the objectives of the Feed Hygiene Regulation (183/2005/EC); and
- Providing measures to ensure that other feed safety regulatory requirements are met.
Those who can be certified?
- Suppliers and initial manufacturers of Feed Additives/Pre-mixes to EU operators.
- Producers and traders of feed additives and feed premature according to Regulation (EC) 1831/2003.
The areas covered under this code are:-
The Code provides among other items requirements for good manufacturing of
- Handling of ingredients
- Logistics (incl. warehousing, transportation)
Its consists of text and questions, which are both used to define the requirements
The code also applies to import from third countries of feed additives and premature.
Why we should go for this certification?
- Legal compliance
- Global presence
- Independent supervision
- Appreciated by customers and partners
- Flexible implementation
Improves the SAFETY and QUALITY of your product
Niall offer’s a customized training programme on FAMI-QS for:-
- FAMI-QS - Awareness on implementation and documentation requirements
- FAMI-QS - Internal Auditor training