KAIZEN is Japanese word. In simple words' Kaizen ' means continuous improvement. KAIZEN represents Work culture. KAIZEN represents for gradual improvement in day today work practices. KAIZEN encompasses methodology of PDCA cycle. PDCA cycle means Plan- Do- Check – Act. The focus is on Employee Involvement. The Quality Circles are formed involving cross functional teams from concerned dept. to implement KAIZEN. The Quality Circle teams are trained to implement KAIZEN. Results of KAIZEN are periodically monitored to achieve continuous improvements.
It makes continuous improvement of processes in manufacturing, engineering, game development, and business management. It has been applied in healthcare, psychotherapy, life-coaching, government, banking, and other industries. When used in the business sense and applied to the workplace, kaizen refers to activities that continually improve all functions, and involves all employees from theCEOto theassembly lineworkers.
Kaizen is a daily process, the purpose of which goes beyond simple productivity improvement. It is also a process that, when done correctly, humanizes the workplace, eliminates overly hard work, and teaches people how to perform experiments on their work using the scientific method and how to learn to spot and eliminate waste in business processes.
Who needs Kaizen?
- Kaizen Management is based on the fundamentals of scientific analysis in which you analyze (or take apart) the elements of a process or system to understand how it works, and then discover how to influence or improve it (make it better). Lean management and production is founded on the idea of Kaizen Management, or continuous improvement .The small, gradual, incremental changes applied over a long period that adds up to a major impact on business results.
- If you are a leader, CEO, President, Chairman, CFO, Team manager, operations manager, administrator, manufacturing supervisor, HR manager, Departmental manager, Engineer, Director, Coordinator of TQM, Six Sigma expert, lean expert, or if your company has not been doing continuous improvement, this will be a big change for you in many ways.
- As Kaizen Management grows in your workplace you will learn more and more methods for helping you understand your work, the machines and tools you use, and the relationship of your work to everyone else's in the ‘value stream’.
- As you commit to a Kaizen Management you will be ‘adding value’ and ‘reducing waste’ in the value stream.
Benefits of Kaizen:-
- Kaizen Reduces Waste
- Kaizen Improves space utilization, product quality, use of capital, communications, production capacity and employee retention.
- Kaizen Provides immediate results.