NABH: National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. The board is structured to cater to much desired needs of the consumers and to set benchmarks for progress of health industry.
Organisations like the Quality Council of India (QCI) and its National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare providers NABH have designed an exhaustive healthcare standard for hospitals and healthcare providers.
NABH is an institutional member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQUA). ISQUA is an international body which grants approval to Accreditation Bodies in the area of healthcare as mark of equivalence of accreditation program of member countries. NABH Standards for hospitals, 2nd Edition, November 2007 has been released.
The standards focus on patient safety and quality of care. The standards call for continuous monitoring of sentinel events and comprehensive corrective action plan leading to building of quality culture at all levels and across all the function
In India, Heath System currently operates within an environment of rapid social, economical and technical changes. Such changes raise the concern for the quality of health care. Hospital is an integral part of health care system. Accreditation would be the single most important approach for improving the quality of hospitals.
- There is great benefit to all Stake Holders related to health care activities. Patients are the biggest beneficiaries of NABH accreditation.
- Accreditation increases quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff. Patients’ rights are respected and protected. Patient satisfaction is regularly evaluated.
- Benefits for Hospital Staff.
- Benefits to paying and regulatory bodies.
Niall offer’s a customized training programme on NABH for:-
- NABH - Awareness on implementation and documentation requirements
- NABH - Internal Auditor training