NABL is a Laboratory Accreditation. National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) is an autonomous body under the aegis of Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, and is registered under the Societies Act. NABL has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Laboratory Accreditation provides formal recognition of competent laboratories, thus providing a ready means for customers to find reliable testing and calibration services in order to meet their demands. NABL has established its Accreditation System in accordance with ISO/IEC 17011:2004, which is followed internationally. In addition NABL has to also comply with the requirements of APLAC MR001, which requires the applicant and the accredited laboratories to take part in recognized Proficiency Testing Programmes in accordance with ISO/IEC Guide 43. An applicant laboratory has to satisfactorily participate in at least one Proficiency Testing programme, while the accredited laboratories are expected to cover the major scopes of accreditation in a cycle time of four years. Towards this objective,
NABL was reassessed in July 2004 & July 2008 and as stated earlier the signatory status of NABL within APLAC MRA has been confirmed for further four years i.e. October 2012.
Benefits of Accreditation
Formal recognition of competence of a laboratory by an Accreditation body in accordance with international criteria has many advantages:
- Improvement in quality of a meter testing laboratory
- Potential increase in business due to enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Savings in terms of time and money due to reduction or elimination of the need for re-testing of products.
- Better control of laboratory operations and feedback to laboratories as to whether they have sound Quality Assurance System and are technically competent.
- Increase of confidence in Testing / Calibration data and personnel performing work.
- Customers can search and identify the laboratories accredited by NABL for their specific requirements from the Directory of Accredited Laboratories.
- Users of accredited laboratories will enjoy greater access for their products, in both domestic and international markets, when tested by accredited laboratories.
Increased confidence in test results for utility and consumers.
Niall offer’s a customized training programme on NABL for:-
- NABL - Awareness on implementation and documentation requirements
- NABL - Internal Auditor training